Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>,"Mark Steven Williams" <K9GX@N4GN.COM>,"Doug Smith W9WI" <w9wi@earthlink.net>,"cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <NN3W@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:12:50 -0500
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
To: Mark Steven Williams <K9GX@N4GN.COM>, "Doug Smith
W9WI" <w9wi@earthlink.net>, "cq-contest" <cq-
contest@contesting.com>

SNIP

>When it comes to rare QSLs, I live in the least
desired state in the
>least desired country in the world, with the possible
exception of JA. :-)

>And yet I get tons of QSL cards through the buro. I
simply don't
>answer them because I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't
really need
>California for any imaginable award. My theory is he
just cranks them
>out by a QSL printing program because he can and he's
just curious to
>see what comes back. I have better things to do with
my time than answer those.

I'm sorry, but I disagree highly with this practice.
Perhaps the ham is rebuilding his QSL collection or
has moved to a new state or province and is resetting
his counters at zero.  You don't know, and you
shouldn't assume what the motivations are of another
person who requests a QSL.

73 Rich NN3W