Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It

To: "'Stuart Santelmann KC1F'" <kc1f@adelphia.net>,"'cq-contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It
From: "Teemu, SM0WKA" <teemu@sm0wka.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 17:32:40 +0100
Hello Stu

I am against the principal that it is harder to get into LOTW than going to
your fieldchecker with paper cards. I was never asked to show any
identification or my license. I agree that there needs to be some form of
security but wouldn't it just be easier for us in Europe to get certified by
our usual DXCC field checker. Then we don?t need to hassle around with
making copies of our licenses and passports and sending them over the pond,
at least if the current system would be kept, why don?t accept a PDF through
email. I was told that this was not accepted by Newington.

I could as you say scan my documents, print them and post them, but I think
this is a matter of principle, and I know that many other hams are feeling
the same all over the globe.

BTW when I fly to the states I just fill out a green form on the airplane
and leave to the TSA at US Immigrations. That?s how easy it is to get a
VISA.

HNY Thanks for our QSOs during 2005, lets meet on air during 2006 ! I will
be working both ARRL DX Contests!

73 de Teemu SM0W - SM0WKA