Re: [CQ-Contest] N1MM/Writelog .adif files

To: n9lf@arrl.net, n6cw@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N1MM/Writelog .adif files
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:26:11 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 04:27 PM 1/17/2006, Tim Gardner wrote:

>The gist of all this is that the specific ordering of
>data is not important, and for this reason, no two
>logging programs write ADIF files that look exactly
>alike. In other words, don't worry about the ADIF
>files looking different - it is normal and expected.

Yes, but.

Perhaps as long as you are simply importing adif files into a logging
program there will be no problem. Don't, however, try to import an
N1MM Logger adif file into WriteLog or vice versa. I tried it once
when I was having a problem with one of them (don't remember which)
and while it appeared to work at first, the contest would not score
correctly and the entire effort was wasted.

Just a word to the wise if you're ever tempted.

Bill, W6WRT