Re: [CQ-Contest] Worst contesting location?

To: "Dave VO1AU" <VO1AU@rac.ca>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Worst contesting location?
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:24:49 +0500
Thanks for the URL Dave. I remember the story pretty well. I was operating
from the Soviet Arctic as EK9C/0 that time and was trying to help by
monitoring bands and attempting to get information from several  Russian
authorities and other Russian amateurs who happened to be involved during
the rescue search. The story of rescue searching the team is still full of
mystery. There was an article in QST shortly after the return of the
survivors home. I wonder if there is more detailed story available somewhere
on the web.

73, Igor UA9CDC