Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP observations

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP observations
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:50:05 -0500
AA4LR (Bill/George) replied to my comment:

"Art Boyars wrote:

>  It's nice to get peoples' names, but some names sure are hard to  copy if
> the sig is a little weak.

That's part of the challenge!"

(What follows is sort-of facetious.  Please do not think that I am making a big
deal out of this.)

So, if a hard-to-copy name is a challenge, who should get more points, the
sender or the receiver?  Note the parallels to the recent thread on points for
QRP.

And, if it's more of a challenge, perhaps it should be a separate class of
entry!

Or maybe we should all change our names to ED for NAQP, so you would not have
to think at all.  Note parallels to CQWW.  That should make the rates even
better.

Bill/George also said: "I have been using "Bill" in the CW portion and "George"
in the Phone. "Bill" is short and distinctive on CW...  ["George" is] much
faster than using Bill on phone."

Well, from my limited experience on SSB, I'd say that "Bill" works fine, if you
are as clear and loud as K4XS.

73, Art K3KU