Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires only Category?

To: <ve3zi@rac.ca>, "Contest" <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires only Category?
From: "Brian Campbell" <VY2MGY@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:14:06 -0500
For what its worth to both sides of the discussion, or arguement as the case
may be, I thought I would let you know that  I am running a " Wires Only "
station here and have been since I got my ticket in 1991. For the last
number of years my station has consisted of the following wire antennas:

V beam for 10M - 40M at 40'
20M Circular loop at 30'
40M Delta Loop at 35'
80M Delta Loop at 55'
160M Delta Loop at 120'
160M horizontal loop at 40' [ AKA "Skywire" ]
160M Inverted V at 70'
Inverted L for 160M with 80' vertical and 140 1/4 wave radials
6 fullwave beverages for 160M

All of my supports are trees, and yes, there is abit of climbing and a fair
amount of maintaince involved.
As well these antennas cover 5 acres so there not a surburban choice for
many unfortunately.

So a " Wires Only " category would be nothing new to me. For those of you
who want to try such a setup remember that wire antennas are, generaly
speaking,  1: High Gain and 2: High Maintainance!!

73 Brian
VE3MGY