Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report over modulation

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report over modulation
From: "Jose Valdes" <jvaldesr@cantv.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:43:02 -0000
Hello Doug,

Unfortunately this  over modulation problem is not unique to SA stations, as
you know, and you are in my log, I was on 80 meters and some times I had
problem understanding some of the US stations that called me, they were
strong but with such a "horrid audio" that it was hard for me to understand
what they were saying, in to instances I simply can't complete the QSO.

My experience shows that must of the time this problems shows during
Voice-Keyer usage, in one case a guy sent me his call several time and I
can't not understand him, but when stopped using the keyer to send his call
and spoke to his microphone, he came clearly; excessive Voice-Keyer output
mated to excessive speech processor/mic gain is the may cause of this
problem.

73 Joe, YV5LIX.

http://www.yv5lix.org.ve
The site has an online log search.