Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: 7QP Rules

To: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: 7QP Rules
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 11:24:04 -0700
10 and 15 were dead for me in Las Vegas also.  Did also work many EU
stations, mostly in the ARI Contest.  I believe this is my first contest
without a JA in the log.  20 mtrs should have been open to JA/Asia in
the afternoon or before sunset but nada.

Dale Putnam wrote:

>Well, if it counts for anything, I heard and I think worked both of you, and
>about 133 others. And one European called me. That was a bit of a shock, and
>a thrill. Wish that would have happened more. Although I could only work it
>for 6 hours, it was a huge amount of fun.
>  Did anyone work 15 or 10? I didn't hear anything there.
>  But, the vertical and open wire fed dipole worked really well.
>  Oh, and so did the K2, turned down to 4.5 watts.
>
>Will be looking for each of you, in the next test too.
>--...   ...--
>Dale - WC7S qrp in Wy

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscgradio.net
http://www.comm-one.org