Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Scoreboards ???

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Scoreboards ???
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:54:19 -0700 (PDT)
--- Ken Widelitz <widelitz@gte.net> wrote:
> Yuri, K3BU makes a number of good points.

It is easy to slay a dragon that you create. :)  You
can "what if" anything to death (which is what
happened).

Instead of conjecture, try this "reality" on for size
(*this really happened)

We ran a scoreboard during the June VHF Contest where
a station in Florida and I decided to go "head to
head".  He was behind and knew that I had to leave for
a while.  He used the time to ralley!  At the end, I
still beat him.  His comment?  "I'll spank you next
time, so watch out".

It was FUN.  I mean OUTRAGEOUSLY fun.  Neither of us
"won" the June VHF SS at a world level, but we had fun
and are already looking forward to the next contest
(CQ WW VHF this weekend!).

Try it before you dismiss the idea.  This stuff is SO
cool!

Ev, W2EV
PS: you can see my (and his) results from the June VHF
QSO Party at http://www.RFSport.com under the
Scoreboard hyperlink on the left.