Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Scoreboards ???the impact

To: "'Ken Widelitz'" <widelitz@gte.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Scoreboards ???the impact
From: <fhdez@vox-tel.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:03:25 -0400
The way I see this, is that real time scoreboards is the most exciting
concept in contests in many years and has a huge potential of improving the
hobby.

The two obvious impacts are:

1. More pushing to the limit to keep advantage or catch up.

2. People getting discouraged early on and loosing the "Maybe if I keep at
it ill make top 5" by comparing themselves to the big shots. And wont
participate long enough etc..

Theres much said about the runner looking at his competitors position, it
usually makes you loose the race or focus and forget a well planned
strategy.
Or just maybe the real time info pushes your energy and stamina way better
than before.. now the question.. Can we handle all that stress?

Maybe we are more competitors than hobbists that?s why the bands are so
quiet when there is no contest and then hell breaks loose in contests..

Whatever the case it looks like contesting is keeping the whole thing
together, lets create a committee that can analize the participation
patterns as well as age group by activity and position our hobby for growth.

My 2 cents..

Tu np4z qsy...