Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to changerulesfor HQstnsin IARUcontest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to changerulesfor HQstnsin IARUcontest
From: "Vladimir V. Sidorov" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:33:26 +0100
Hi Mark,

All correct, it would fundamentally change the game.

Let's narrow the circle. No problem if a casual operator comes and makes a
couple of contacts. Fine, if he even sends a log, he can compete to people
in the same class. We are not talking about his score, but about about HQs
scores. So let's narrow down my idea:

Only QSOs with participants conducted at least 100 (or so) contacts in the
contest are eligible for the contest score OF A HQ STATION.

Then organizers of campaigns to support the HQ teams will have to change
their attitude. They will have to ask their people not only call their own
HQ to give it a few QSO points. They will ask the supporters also to work
somebody else, because otherwise their belowed HQ station won't be granted
the desired QSO points...

Is it that bad?

73,

Vladimir VE3IAE

P.S. I hope, log checkers won't kill me right away for ideas like that...

---