Re: [CQ-Contest] XML for real-time score reporting

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] XML for real-time score reporting
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:33:55 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks Pete and David for providing the link.

Allow me to introduce myself:  I am The Lowest Common
Denominator.  I'm the guy you have to dumb
instructions down for so that everybody understands
them, and I don't see anything on that page that
explains what I have to do or how to do it.  For
example:

1.  What's a DTD?
2.  Is there something I'm supposed to download,
install and run to be able to participate?  If so,
what and where?

By comparison, W2EV's RFSport Logger is beauty and
simplicity itself.  There's a clearly identified
application that the user downloads, installs and
runs.  Once you set it up (a trivial matter) it takes
care of everything else.

If the XML thing (does it have a name?) reports
results on HF contests to a website then I'm ready to
get behind it.  Maybe there's a FAQ somewhere that
explains all of this?

Thanks and 73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS