Re: [CQ-Contest] XML for real-time score reporting

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] XML for real-time score reporting
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:13:44 -0000
As the lowest common denominator you should at most have to check a box in
your logging program to say you want to participate... its up to the writer
of the logger to know what to do with the dtd, generate the proper xml, and
send it to the server... then all you need to do is visit a web page, pick
some kind of display option in your logger, or run a 3rd party results
display program to see the real time results.  the dtd is what defines what
the software authors have to do to talk to the server that will collect the
data and distribute it.

Right now I am helping make that easy to do for n1mm logger, if you use some
other logging software you might want to ask the author of that if they will
support real time logging and let them know you are interested.  After that
it's a matter of getting it built into the logging software so you don't
have to know anything.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net