Re: [CQ-Contest] hiss

To: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>,"cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] hiss
From: "Rex Maner" <k7qq@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:45:24 -0000
Quack Says

The real problem is in the RX however a big one is also in the headset that
NO ONE   """ NO ONE """  is supplying as an acceptiable communication
headset.   One that is designed for communication and fits properly over the
ears so it can be worn for extended periods.   The closest I have come to
one is the headset that is issued and used on military aircraft in the 60's
70's and 80's and maybe even today.  The only problem is that the microphone
is not compatable with Contest SSB processing.   I use my headset and never
have that blast  that can come with most  Stero Type of headset's that are
avaliable when that strong local calls and your straining to hear a weak
one.  I'm sure something could be done inline with some limiting ckt and
limiting of audio  to communication range but I'm not the designer, and
getting almost to the too old to be compediton in contesting.

Rex  aka: Quack