Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Spot/Log Correlation

To: "Kostas SV1DPI" <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Spot/Log Correlation
From: Keith Kerr <k.kerr@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:11:04 +0100
At 08:14 05/09/2006 +0300, Kostas SV1DPI wrote:
>FB Kurt
>     I think that most of the stations use clusters today. Cluster's use
>would be permitted and not been a different category, in my opinion. These
>rules allow cheating, because the most people are not serious contesters and
>want to look for a rare dx or a missed band during the contest, so they use
>the clusters and when they send their log forget it or they don't know it.

>     ......DEL.......

>     In my opinion the absolute solution would be no categories, free use of
>clusters.
>
>Kostas sv1dpi

NO THANK YOU

Not again! I know this is repeating the same old story but I cannot let
this pass.

Yes, people are abusing the cluster
Yes, people are DQed when caught
Yes, I agree that the publicity should be more obvious

But

This is no reason to scrap the SO category. As someone pointed out
recently, SO Assisted is an oxymoron.

Keith GM4YXI