Re: [CQ-Contest] real time scoreboards

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>, <eric@k3na.org>,"DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL" <kr2q@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] real time scoreboards
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:38:26 -0000
Kelley yesterday Doug KR2Q made a posting suggesting we all go look at a
scoreboard in action, so I did. There is a lot more information available
other than real-time scores. There were maps displaying contacts and
propagation paths based on info received from the real time logs.
You are only limited by your own imagination how useful those maps could be.
As an example those maps will tell you what antenna you should be using on
160 or where the openings are on 10 and everything in between.
My  question would be is what's the incentive for a 'big-gun' multi-multi to
post his real time logging? Why would station ABC be showing station XYZ
what his operating scheme is? Why would ABC give any clue to XYZ how to beat
him?
Other than honesty what would preclude a little pistol, like me, from
looking at one of those maps after coming back from a potty break and seeing
exactly what band to move to get the most production?
My suggestion to the various contest committees would be for them to work
with the scoreboard sites. Ask the scoreboard sites to use a login for users
and then ask the sites to post who the users are.
Just my 2 cents worth.
73

MAL
N7MAL