Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: Hans K0HB <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:37:16 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
K0RC says:

> In the real world, every operator is certainly "assisted" in one manner or
> another.

This definition may not strike a chord with everyone, but my definition of "not
assisted" is that all information (pertinent to the contest) is gathered and
developed by a single operator by his own on-the-air efforts and observations
during the course of the contest.    This definition would obviously exclude
spotting nets (packet, voice, or internet).

I don't think it would exclude knowing the realtime score of other
participants, but it WOULD exclude detailed logs or other running summaries
which revealed hot bands, mults, or other "strategic intelligence" of other
participants.

His wife bringing him snacks, the electric company delivering KWh, and the
ionosphere reflecting his signals (or not) would NOT put him in the assisted
category.

Beep beep

de Hans, K0HB