Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <afrugoli@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:18:38 -0400
Dick Green WC1M wrote:

>Besides, I suspect the top operators will realize that it's not a good
>idea to reveal where they are and will not post to real time scoreboards.

If this is going to be the case, then I think the scoreboard designers
should consider only listing info that won't "incriminate" the poster.

By this I mean maybe only total q's, total mults (although this might be
useful too - i.e. mult total rising quickly late in the contest means a
new band is open) and overall score.  A breakdown by band could be
easily used, especially if someone comes up with a program that reads
the scoreboard web page and reports when a station has x q's on a
particular band (then you're not wasting your time checking the
scoreboard, just waiting for the alert).

I would really like to see this real time scoreboard take off.  I'm
single op limited - by CC&R's, young children and a very busy household
with other commitments that take priority over contesting at this point
in life.  On weekends I can't be "in the chair" it would be great to be
able to check into the scoreboard and see how things are going.  If
conditions look hot, it might even entice me to find a few hours in the
chair where I might otherwise not.

73 de Al, KE1FO

--
73 de Al, KE1FO