Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers

To: Rick Dougherty <nq4i@contesting.com>,CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers
From: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:57:59 -0500
I had about 5% of all my QSOs with other W/K stations.  18 or so of those Qs
were (from my perspective) legitimate as the counted either for W/K as a new
zone or and/or a new DXCC country.

And I can certainly understand Rick's concern that being in southern climes,
beaming north means you blanket most of the USA with your signal - inviting
them to call you.

How about this?  Let's split the bill.  Since Europeans are complaining about
the two point North America QSO rule, lets do the following:

QSO with same country and same CQ zone = 0 points
QSO with same country but different CQ zone = 1 point
QSO with different country but same continent (including NA) = 1 point
QSO with different country on different continent = 3 points

Or, maybe we ought to go with the Stew Perry rules...Or maybe we shouldn't do
anything since its still the best party in all contesting...

73 Rich NN3W