Re: [CQ-Contest] HELP-Accused of Cheating

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] HELP-Accused of Cheating
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:37:29 -0600 (CST)
I remember one year in ARRL DX CW I worked V73C on 40.  He sent me "005"
as his power.  He was REALLY REALLY loud.  I almost fell out of my chair.

He told me a few years later that he was indeed running 5 watts but a 40
meter beam spaced the right height above salt water can do wonderful
things.

73, Zack W9SZ