Re: [CQ-Contest] Toughest SS CW sections 2006

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Toughest SS CW sections 2006
From: Paul Neuman <kd2mx@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:31:57 -0500
AL & AK head my list.  AL was pretty annoying to miss.  Heard a few AL
S&Pers and tried the call CQ above trick but it didn't work.

AK is my nemisis.  Haven't worked one yet from this QTH, haven't even
heard one, except for the tricksters who then sign /4 or something, just
when I'm all excited.

Couldn't get SB.  I called and called but for some reason I wasn't
heard.  Worked lots of SCV though.

Almost got skunked by VEs.  Only had SK logged as of 7PM Sunday.  VE6EX
was very strong here, but he never heard me.  I think he was stronger
than the VE5s that I worked without difficulty.

Finally worked ON QC and MAR late Sunday on 80M.  I had heard a NL
S&Ping about but that was it.   I couldn't break the NWT pileup.

Never heard MB or BC, which was kind of strange.

On the flipside, ND UT WY DE were all easy.  I was pretty happy with my
QRP/simple antenna performance but I sure do want to work AK.

kd2mx