[CQ-Contest] why Unlimited [aka Assisted]?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] why Unlimited [aka Assisted]?
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 01:10:23 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all (especially users of assistance: packet/internet/spotting nets/etc).

So - I am looking at the SS results summary (thanks Dink) on 3830.  I note that
(currently)
the number 1 slot for SO HP Unlimited has the same score as the number 10 slot
for SO HP
"not unlimited."

This happens all the time in virtually every contest (DX and obviously domestic
also).

So my question is, why do you top guns in the assisted/unlimited category go
for this
category?  Honestly, most of you are top ops.  Statistically, using assistance
is hurting
your score.  And you all have BIG scores (SS), so you must be driven to compete.

So...why do you choose to go Unlimited?

Please feel free to reply direct.  I am just curious (and I sure won't "argue"
back)
to learn what your motivation is.

Thanks,
Doug KR2Q