Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes: Should I be penalized for gettingmylicense

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes: Should I be penalized for gettingmylicense in 2000?
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:06:18 +0000
Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
snipped
The reality is that the log checkers at ARRL may not have a way of
knowing what year you were first licensed, and since they don't
consider that significant, they instead ensure that if I say I worked
you, my log shows the check you sent, whatever it is.
Well, I would think the ARRL has at least heard of the QCWA. Those
rascles have call books going back to late 30s, and they can tell you
the year you were first licensed. ( assuming you remember your first
call )

And if the ARRL doesn't consider the "check" significant, then
the rules should be changed.

If they rule is left in, then DQ the entry.

73
Ed