Re: [CQ-Contest] Check in SS

To: "CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Check in SS
From: "Warren C. Stankiewicz" <nf1j@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:18:10 -0800
AJ9C wrote:

>I would guess because the SS exchange is supposed to simulate the
> exchange of a national traffic system message between stations.

If you go back even further in November Sweepstakes history, you'll find
that your qth was part of the exchane, which probaby was great if you livef
in Elko, NV, Utica, NY, and the like; but if you lived in Nacodoches, LA, or
Truth or Consequences, NM, it would have been quite a drag.

While the idea of changing the exchange in SS may souns\d intellectualy
engaging, the fact of the matter is that we'd wind up confusing a lot of
people--the people it would affect most would be the casual operators we all
need the most.

I say this even knowing the town I'm in would be perfect...

Wit malice towards none,

Warren, NF1J