Re: [CQ-Contest] Natural Progression [was: CK and stuff]

To: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Natural Progression [was: CK and stuff]
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:27:43 -0000

> Ones literal interpretation of a rule does not make that interpretation
the
> intent of the organizer.  Since my legal first name is Kenneth and I use
my
> Middle name Mike I should have to toss out all my entries?

I _always_ use my middle name, even here.  Come to think of it, the FCC
doesn't even put my first name in their data base.  Now I 'spose I'm even
more notorious!

> I happen to like the idea of using data that one can't look
> up for the contest.  That way if  one busts a contact one
> won't be able to find the information off  the air.

Which is precisely why my check is "variable" --- to confound those
automagic autofill programs.  Gives _me_ no advantage in the contest, but
serves to disadvantage those who rely on external input to their log.

"Everything not specifically prohibited is mandatory!"

Now then, anyone wanna explore a plan to ambush those who depend on
<shift-f8>?

73 es beep beep,

de Hans, K0HB