Re: [WriteLog] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!

To: "'Alan Eshleman'" <doctore@well.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!
From: "J. Edward (Ed) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:19:06 -0800
Alan, the issue is using Packet to request a QSO.  Making the request on
your radio is not an infraction of the rules.  But, the thinking is that
using Packet is a non-radio means of soliciting QSOs that is specifically
prohibited in the rules.  It seems to me that the Assisted, or Unlimited in
SS, category creates a fuzzy line on this topic, but the common
interpretation is that Packet can be used for spotting and not for
soliciting contacts.

73,
Ed - W0YK