Re: [CQ-Contest] ZoneProp REMINDER

To: "David Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>, <vo1he@rac.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ZoneProp REMINDER
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:42:42 -0600
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the opinion. There's certainly enough opinions out there, and
certainly yours carries more weight than most.

But...

Where in the rules does it specifically include propagation intelligence in
the definition of 'assisted'? Point that out and I'll shut up now. But if
we're going to start reading things into the rules, then we could read all
sorts of things into the rules. Would getting time data from WWV be
assistance? How about the WWV K-index?

Particularly given that one has likened propagation forecasting to weather
forecasting. Here's the forecast, look out the window to see if it's
anywhere near close. Just because the weatherman says it's snowing, it
doesn't necessarily mean I can go start building snowmen.

Similarly, knowing that there MAY be a path to somewhere doesn't mean their
WILL be a path, nor that anybody in that particular location will actually
be on the air.

Be all this as it may, again, I await the official response from the contest
sponsors. Absent their decision, nobody is correct.

73, kelly
ve4xt