Re: [CQ-Contest] The Value of Spotting Networks

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Value of Spotting Networks
From: Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:15:34 -0500
Hi Paul,

I don't think you understand how modern contest software works.  Working the
CQWW CQ consists of the following:

1. Hit Control plus down arrow Keys (tunes radio to next spot on bandmap)
2. Enter Key brings callsign into entry box and calls station
3. Space Key then Enter Key sends your report and logs the station

That is a total of 4 quick keystrokes to complete a QSO and you've never
looked at the monitor or have you had to copy any CW other than your own
callsign when sent back to your call.  These contest programs even enter the
Zone and most of the time they are right.

You can continue to hit these 4 keys, time after time, and maintain a pace
of up to 3 QSO a minute for a little while anyway.  All dupes and
non-counters are skipped.  I think that is pretty good for S&P.

Assisted is a tremendous advantage.  My point is you can work assisted and
work fast and never even look at the monitor.

73 Art W2NRA