Re: [CQ-Contest] The Value of Spotting Networks

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Value of Spotting Networks
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:18:39 -0000
Hi Art,

I was just commenting on your statements. You pointed out that 4 keystrokes
could get you around the band from spot to spot without having to touch the
tuning dial. I merely stated that if this practice was put into use, the
result could be a lot of wrong calls being logged because you would be
relying totally on the competence of the spotters.

I enter contests for fun. If I want to go to the can or get a snack or take
a spin on my motorcycle, I'll get up from the radio and do that. Here in VO
I compete against the likes of VO1MP, VO1TA, VO1HP, etc. I came fourth in
the CQWW CW last weekend for VO, according to 3830.... in a field of 4.

On to the next one....

73 -- Paul VO1HE