Re: [CQ-Contest] Little old ladies changing tires

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Little old ladies changing tires
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:30:29 -0500
Why is "assistance" undefined?  Is it?

That's a very odd statement.  I thought that when the various major contest
sponsors started adding a new SO category for those using packet, they
called it "Assisted" (or "Unlimited" for SS).

We've been so busy arguing over the trees -- what is or isn't
"assistance" -- that we've lost sight of the forest -- that "Assisted" was
created to cover a SO who uses a spotting network, either the original
Packet Cluster over the air or similar spotting systems via Internet.

Everything else may or may not entail "assistance" but it does not cover the
Assisted category.

73