Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: 15 minute log deadline

To: <vo1he@rac.ca>,'Robert Chudek - KØRC' <k0rc@pclink.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: 15 minute log deadline
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:10:34 -0600
> On the question of post-contest log massaging.... seeing how I got jumped
> on
> for suggesting that logging programs have a feature that allows the log to
> be quickly or automatically sent to the sponsors after a contest, how
> about
> this one? How about if the logging software automatically stops at the end
> of the contest and encrypts the log file, locks it from further editing
> and
> can only be opened by the contest sponsors?
>
> Again, this is just a thought for discussion... not a directive for
> immediate implementation.

Hi Paul,

You're right about mulligans. I'm sure there are a few shots Phil Mickelson
wants to put back in his bag...

I go back to my earlier thought: notes, whether Post-It notes you've
scribbled and placed by your rig or CTRL-N notes in your software, are
perfectly ethical ways of making post-contest changes to a log, as is fixing
errors that are obviously only typographical in nature.

I also do not see that the unethical variety of post-contest changes (OK,
QRZ.com, what section is K6XYZ in?) is running rampant to the point of
justifying this.

73, kelly
ve4xt