Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: 15 minute log deadline

To: <n2ic@arrl.net>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: 15 minute log deadline
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:56:50 -0600
The best answer would be to contact him during the contest if possible and
say, "Look, I kinda screwed up. Were you in SJV or SCV?" Or whatever the
missing info was. You can't contact him after the contest, however.

If that doesn't work, then Steve's answer is probably best. Although -- and
I'm not advocating this position -- a hardline, literal reading of the rules
(the ARRL rules, anyway) would demand that neither party get credit for a Q.

Contacts made during the contest are fine.

73, kelly
ve4xt

PS: Here's the ARRL rule that could be taken to a hardline extreme:

3.2.All callsigns and exchange information must be sent, received,
acknowledged and logged correctly by each station for a complete QSO.