Re: [CQ-Contest] SO vs. SOA Scores

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO vs. SOA Scores
From: "Yuri VE3DZ" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:06:36 -0500
Gentlemen,
how many of you installed your towers ON YOUR OWN?
Getting building permit from your local zoning department - isn't it
assistance? (Some guys can't obtain it).
Buying top of the line radios and amps vs. building them by yourself - is
this assistance?
Calling a friend on a weekend to help you put up your 80 m dipole - how
about that? Assistance?
Asking your wife to get somewhere with the children so they don't interfere
you with the contest - is this assustance?
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention computer vs. manual logging...

Etc... etc... etc...

Gosh, isn't it enough for this annual crap???
Some guys can beat the dead horse forever.

When I want to understand the definition of "assistnace" in the contest, I
read rules. If I don't like rules I
a) do not participate;
b) participate for fun;
c) write to a contest sponsor asking to change rules.

Happy Holidays.

73   VE3DZ