Re: [CQ-Contest] A Plea to Cabrillo Contet Robot Writers

To: Mike <nf4l@nf4l.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A Plea to Cabrillo Contet Robot Writers
From: "Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX)" <lyndon+cq-contest@orthanc.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:26:35 -0800 (PST)
> XML tags would have to be defined, and agreed on. It would be marginally
> easier to parse.

Termcap format is much easier to parse compared to XML. XML is overkill
for this application. What I like about termcap is that I can do all my
log post-processing using awk and grep.  Simple tools are the best.

--lyndon

   What is this talk of 'release'?  Klingons do not make software
   'releases'.  Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and
   quality assurance people in its wake.