[CQ-Contest] QRN from CFL's ?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRN from CFL's ?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:24:48 -0500
CFL = Compact Fluorescent Light

California is thinking of legislating their use:
http://www.playfuls.com/news_10_11698-Lights-Out-For-Old-Bulbs.html

I love this Q/A from the Westinghouse web site:

Q. When I first used a Compact Fluorescent Lamp, it interfered with my TV. Why
is that?
A. CFL's may interfere with a variety of devices because they use the same
wavelengths. If you find that they interfere, move the CFL away, or plug the
electronic device into another outlet.

I fear this changeover to compact fluorescents is going to happen quickly over
the next few years.

Anyone have personal experience with CFL's as QRN generators ?

73,
Steve, N2IC