Re: [CQ-Contest] QRN from CFL's ?

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRN from CFL's ?
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:47:47 -0600
I have used a few in the past and even have some installed now. HOWEVER it
seems the less expensive ones (Home center house brand) were worse than the
major brands.  I had one in a lamp on the Ham desk but experienced broad band
noise on all bands including the BC band. That one did not last long.  The two
I have outside the garage get turned off if I am trying to dig someone out on
80M or 160M.

Clint - W5CPT