Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB below 1.843

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB below 1.843
From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:53:51 -0500
At 10:15 AM 2/25/07, Hank Garretson wrote:
>At 03:41 AM 25 02 2007, David Robbins K1TTT wrote:
>
> >My thought is that the 'dx window' is a mostly out dated artifact from when
> >many countries had very narrow slivers and only low power on 160m.
>
>Interestingly there is no 160-meter DX window in the latest
>Considerate Operator's Frequency Guide published at arrl.org and in March QST.

There hasn't been a 160-meter DX Window in the "Considerate
Operator's Frequency Guide" since before  QST for January 2002
(haven't check further back than that).

Any change probably traces to here:
<http://www.arrl.org/announce/reports-0107/160-meter.html> (see topic
e.) under the Discussion section)

The rules for the ARRL 160-meter contest do still specify a DX
window; as do the rules for the CQ WW 160-meter DX contest. OTOH, the
rules for the ARRL International DX Contest do not specify a
160-meter DX window.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK