Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL REPLY - Remote Site & Contesting Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL REPLY - Remote Site & Contesting Rules
From: John Warren <nt5c@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:54:25 -0600
Rich NN3W wrote:

>My question is whether this gives implied consent to remote operation from
>locations other than the DXCC entity where the operator is physically
>located?  The DXCC awards desk certainly doesn't think so.

Rich,

I think you'll find that DXCC has a very different set of rules from
contesting.

So far as I can tell, you can operate from anywhere within one DXCC
Entity to accumulate your DXCC scores. With the potential of remote
operation, that gives a huge advantage to big Entities like the USA
and Asiatic Russia. Have remote stations from Maine to Seattle, and
follow sunrise/sunset across the country.

But that would be quite an investment for a set-up which wouldn't
meet contest rules.

John, NT5C.