Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING

To: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 03:57:51 +0000
At 08:52 PM 3/26/2007 -0600, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
>Remoting the control head, which is very cool, should not be the determining
>factor.  What does the control head do?  Makes changes to the radio.
>
>I have hooked up the 480 via IP with a computer interface that gives me the
>exact same information.  Worked great.
>
>The control head is just a user interface, if you will,  just like a
>computer.  The transmitting and receiving are still taking place where ever
>the rest of the radio is located.

Damb, this'll really enhance productivity of those DXCC Honor Roll guys; no
longer will they have to suddenly come down with the "Scarsborough Flu" in
the middle of the afternoon and go home  8-))))  They'll simply sit at
their desks in their cube, doing whatever they do for a paycheck with an
OH2AQ winder open, then work Scarborough, and when the "WHOOP!!!!!!!"
resounds throughout the room, everybody will wonder if the DXCC Honor
Rollee won the lottery.

His/her YF/XYL/YL/whatever will be really surprised when he/she comes home
and wants to go out fer a nice dinner and show, though.

Steve, K0XP