Re: [CQ-Contest] "THE TOTAL ARRL REPLY" - Remote Site & ContestingRules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "THE TOTAL ARRL REPLY" - Remote Site & ContestingRules
From: ALANNOTTAGE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 03:24:34 EDT
In a message received 27/03/07 02:09:07 GMT Daylight Time from
contesting.com, w2ev@yahoo.com writes:

> The point was that it would be nice if there was a way that the sponsors
> could simply post such information (officially) for all of posterity.  I'd
> bet
> that this thread will resurface some time in the future.

Ev,

ARRL have a page on their website entitled "HF Contesting - Good Practices,
Interpretations and Suggestions".  You have to click the "Rules" sub option
from the "Contest" menu first though and the term FAQ only appears once you
have
successfully navigated to the page from the above hyperlink description
(although thereafter the layout *is* in FAQ format).

Basically it's the 'White Paper' that appeared a few years back, so it's kind
of a 'set in stone document', but it could be 'unshackled' and made into an
updateable FAQ page with a bit of work.

Al G0XBV