Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier and Not as Part ofMaryland.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier and Not as Part ofMaryland.
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:25:02 -0400
The last time this issue was discussed, I was asked if I could can
guarantee anyone would get on
if DC was given multiplier status?

Needless to day, I can only speak for myself and no one else, so beyond
that, the answer was no,
I can't and certainly would not make that sort of guarantee.

The question was asked again today in a private email. This prompted me
to go to the NCJ website
and look at the most recent official results posted for the NAQP
contests (July 2005 RTTY,
August 2005 CW and August 2005 SSB) to better understand previous levels
of participation.
Note that I did not look at the preliminary results of the February 2007
RTTY contest

Month/year/mode     Total US+P       # of US+P     # of USP+P
                    Entries          w/0 entries   w/1 entry

July 2005 RTTY      194              6             9

August 2005 CW      312              9             3

August 2005 SSB     272              8             6

Maximum # of States and Possessions: 52
States with no participation at all   3 (DE, ND, VI)
States participating in 1 mode        7 (AK, HI, ID, PR, SD, VT, WY)
States participating in 2 modes       1 (MS)
States participating in 3 modes      41

[US+P (United States and Possessions) is a government term used to
describe the 50 States
and US possessions. For the sake of this discussion, I have only
included Puerto Rico and
the US Virgin Islands.]