Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a MultiplierandNot asPartofMaryland.

To: "'Steve Hanlon'" <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a MultiplierandNot asPartofMaryland.
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:46:10 -0400
WM3O wrote:

> they are competing against stations in a different state.  in
> my mind it's no different than stations in Delaware having to
> compete against stations in Pennsylvania or Oregon - it's as
> arbitrary.  the biggest stations in DC are very limited in
> antenna space - only those that are on a few office buildings
> or a Smithsonian have much room to work with - why operate if
> you have to compete with Formula 1 cars and you can only
> go fast and turn left?

So?  What's different about the DC situation vs. stations in
HOA controlled communities, college dorm rooms or apartments
competing with larger home stations?  You compete within the
framework of the contest not seek to remake the contest in a
way that would benefit you.

This is nothing more that the same tired "level playing field"
argument.  If you don't like the contest rules seek to create
a new category/multiplier/etc.  Why not have a separate multiplier
and category for every entrant?

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV