Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF Championship - A Travesty

To: 'CQ Contest' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF Championship - A Travesty
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:17:35 -0400
Peter Voelpel wrote:
> That is bullsh*t, there is no cheating.

Just like in Rick's Cafe, if you ever saw the movie Casablanca.

> If you like, I can record their 160m calling frequencies this year and make
> a mp3 file for you.
> Stations they hear I hear as well.
>
> On 160m DA0HQ has huge DL Pileups almost all day long.
> Unfortunately those high quantity of non contesting German frequent callers
> have nothing else in their mind then to get DA0HQ on all 6 bands and nothing
> else, they do not call any other station.

Year  Number of DA0HQ 160 QSO's
2006      1186
2005      2390
2004      2139
2003      1720

Quite a remarkable drop in 160 meter daytime propagation within DL last year,
wouldn't you say ?

Solar flare, or other source of heat ?

73,
Steve, N2IC