Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF Championship - A Travesty

To: <n2ic@arrl.net>, "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF Championship - A Travesty
From: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:44:53 -0700
Cheating is rampant.  Everyone wants proof.  Everyone else sticking head in
sand, or more probably, don't care.  Casablanca movie a good example.

And for those who do care, our beloved contests are becoming increasingly
irrelevant.

For me, I'm going to sit this IARU HF Championship out (was fortunate to win
it in 1996 from ZD8.)  A fun contest, indeed.

Rather, this year I'm going to play turista on one of my favorite islands:
Grand Canary, like in EA8.

Hoping to drop-in on my friends Pekka EA8AH and Manolo EA8ZS for a visit.

Vy 73,

Jim Neiger  N6TJ  ZD8Z  9Y4AA (in November, for some more irrelevance)