Re: [CQ-Contest] The Fat Lady Sings at 2359Z

To: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Fat Lady Sings at 2359Z
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:31:54 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Ev,

I always use a little judgment depending on the situation.  I wouldn't
deliberately change a log entry to something I knew was different after
the contest, but what about phat phingers?  Say I worked W2EV, knew I
worked W2EV, but logged it on a keyboard as WE2V? Does it make sense to
correct that?

Also, in the VHF contests where I work portable and log on paper, I always
enter my logs into a computer program and generate a Cabrillo log to send
in.  Sometimes I find stupid mistakes in the paper log like working a
station on 9 bands and writing the grid square correct on all QSO's but
one. Amazing what 4 hours of sleep does to you! It's obvious the guy
hasn't changed gris squares in one minute.

BTW thanks for the 6m Es QSO in the contest last summer.  I wish we
could've done it again in the June contest.  We still can wish for another
big opening in CQWW VHF.

73, Zack W9SZ