Re: [CQ-Contest] The Fat Lady Sings at 2359Z

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Fat Lady Sings at 2359Z
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:25:10 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Ev,

Not many share your definition of:

"The casual contester (my definition) will find "yeah, but..." loopholes.
The contesting purist (my definition) will "put the pencil down" because
"the test is over."  It is up to the individual participant to decide
which definition applies to them, since there is no distinction in the results.
This is simply a matter of honor (like keeping the score in a casual round of
golf)."

Including WRTC which gives the "casual" contester there, 15 mins to make any
log changes and turn in their log.

Personally, I only make changes from side notes that I make during the contest
but I make those changes a day or two later when I have had some rest.

I would be interested to hear what other 40+ hour contesters do.

Ed N1UR