Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

To: "Ken Claerbout" <k4zw@comcast.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers
From: "Rick Dougherty NQ4I" <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 07:34:38 -0400
Hi Ken...nice analysis, but you have missed the mark...the two cases stated
are not as representative as the past 10 years worth of contest data...I
have historically had more zero pointers than anyone...why??

 I am loud in the NE US...my first hop I am guessing is in that area.....my
competition is beaming EU also and they have that area to the rear of their
antennas...its fairly obvious that I will make more zero pointers than they
will...

For me to beam JA, I have my first hop in the NW US...another disadvantage
but not as serious as the NE US...

Its really not about leveling the playing field for me to compete with the
NE M-M's...its really more about making qso's and not getting any credit!
Plain and simple...

Sure there is some dead air time when we cq and are not productive...but
even 50% of my previous post is a reasonable number and that 3 hours+.....it
sure would be nice to have an extra 3 hours to work some more dx!

I think the post by W4NZ hits the whole issue square on the head!

de Rick nq4i