Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers
From: Jim Preston <jpreston1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:25:11 -0700
The distance from San Diego to Seattle is about 1000 miles. Both are in
zone 3. Central Texas (Zone 4) is about the same distance. Using your
suggestion, I would get zero points for the Seattle QSO, but 1 point for
the TX QSO. That doesn't seem equitable either.

I am on of those who favor 1 point for same country QSOs. Most of us
will still prefer to work DX (more points, multipliers), but at least
will get something for the in-country QSOs.

Yes, this would change the records, certainly. However, this would not
be the first activity where rules changes affected the records.

73,

Jim N6VH

snip.....