Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesters and LOTW

To: "'Andrei Stchislenok'" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesters and LOTW
From: "Bill Parry" <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 07:00:53 -0500
Andrei,

I think a lot of the initial resistance to LOTW has started to fall away. It
is simply too good a deal not to participate in. The logging programs that
most of us use make it very easy to upload any segment of a log to LOTW

I think that the recent DXpeditions that have waited a year and then
uploaded are about right. Most of the paper card chasers will have already
sent in their card/money.

I have decided that due to the expense I am going to depend on LOTW for WARC
band DXCC updates. I believe the CQ will begin using LOTW one of these days.
So that will improve the it's usefulness.

Incidentally I think a lot of contesters also upload those ADI files to
e-qsl as well. Although those only count for the inhouse e-qsl awards, lots
of guys participate. Those fellows might also be asking for cards if they
weren't uploaded. I always upload to that site as well.

Bill, W5VX