[CQ-Contest] 160 Receiving Antennas

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 160 Receiving Antennas
From: Tom Taormina <tom@k5rc.cc>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:27:51 -0700
Okay brain trust, I am looking for recommendations for 160 receiving
antennas. I have tried a number of beverages and they do not yield
the desired result here in the high desert with no ground reference.
I just finished a full-size vertical and have laid down 30 of the 60
radials, but have no desire to do radial fields for beverages.
KA6W has used some closed-loops with FET preamps, but they are a
significant home-brew project not likely for this coming contest season.
What results have you had with the K9AY system and with the DX
Engineering system? Are pennants or any other schemes worthwhile?

Tom Taormina, K5RC
Virginia City Nevada USA
NACHO - W7RN   RANN - K7RC
Web Site: http://k5rc.cc/  FOC 1760